Our Procedures to Prevent the Outbreak of COVID-19
29 Jan 2020
Centre Point are committed to providing safe and secure accommodation for our guests at all our locations across Bangkok and Pattaya, which includes taking precautions during the current COVID-19 outbreak.
Regarding the Tourism Authority of Thailand, an official letter has been released to travelers, providing reassurances about Thailand’s current capabilities to deal with an outbreak of disease, as Thailand is ranked 6th in the 2019 Global Health Security Index among countries best prepared for a major infectious disease outbreak.
Moreover, the Department of Disease Control, Ministry of Public Health is also working with the World Health Organization and other countries to further understand infections caused by this COVID-19 and to ensure that they are prevented and controlled.
The comprehensive screening processes at airports and superior healthcare facilities and access to said facilities have been applied across the board in Thailand, as following details:
- Health surveillance systems for disease control
Thailand is implementing an intensive and unremitting screening and surveillance for COVID-19 especially at the international points of entry upon passenger arrival to Thailand. The screening cover passengers who departed from affected areas.
- Public and private sectors step up hygiene measures
Airports, mass public transport including BTS Sky Train, shopping malls and hotels as well as public areas are stepping up hygiene measures, including extra cleaning and disinfection as well as providing hand sanitizers.
- Tourism business operators to monitor for symptoms
For tourists and travelers in Thailand, tourism business operators are instructed to monitor for symptoms of their customers. If any traveler has symptoms including coughing, sneezing, panting or runny nose after arriving from risky areas, tourism business operators are to seek medical care at the hospital immediately and inform the doctor regarding the person’s history of recent travel to China.
At Centre Point, we have implemented the following procedures to prevent the spread of infectious disease:
- A complimentary sanitary mask is available for all guests at the Front Desk.
- Hand sanitizer machines have been installed in front of the elevators in the lobby and facilities floors
- We have applied antiseptic to water for cleaning all furniture and appliances, especially the toilet area, in all rooms and public areas. Housekeepers will wear sanitary masks and glove when cleaning these areas.
In the case that Centre Point notices any checked-out guest has a cough and/or fever, we will begin the process of deep cleaning the guest’s room, as follows:
- Open the windows to ventilate
- Wash all linens, including bedsheets, blankets, pillowcases, and towels
- Wash, and deep clean, all furniture in the room
- Apply antiseptic to all furniture and appliances
- Air purifier will also be installed to clean the room
To reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, you can adhere to the guidelines by the World Health Organization, or the recommendations by the Department of Disease Control, Ministry of Public Health. And we are pleased to inform you of the following precautions to reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection:
- Avoid staying in crowded areas while traveling, especially near people who are coughing or sneezing. If this is unavoidable, a mask should be worn.
- Avoid close contact with live or dead animals, and wild animals; avoid eating uncooked meat.
- Always wash your hands with water and soap, or alcohol gel.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or lips if not necessary.
- Keep your body temperature warm and get enough sleep.
During your stay with us, in the case of you are not feeling well; please feel free to contact our staff assistance (by pressing “0” on your room’s phone). We are ready to contact and coordinate with the nearby hospitals to pick up you at any time.
Lastly, Centre Point hopes that the people of China and all those impacted by the outbreak, continue to be strong in the face of this crisis. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the individuals and families affected most by the virus and wish that they fully recover soon. And we would like to say - 祝福武汉人民早日度过难关, 武汉加油!