If you are planning a trip to Thailand during the summer months, be warned, it can get very hot. The team at Centre Point has put together a summary of some simple measures you can take to stay comfortable.
- Stay hydrated – It's very important to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Even if you don't feel thirsty, it's important to drink at least three liters of water every day to negate the risk of dehydration. This isn't just advice for tourists and business travelers, local people do the same!
- Bring a hat – if you are out and about in the sunshine, make sure you wear a wide-brimmed hat. A good hat can help you stay cooler and reduce the risk of sunstroke.
- Sun Lotion – Even if it’s cloudy outside, be sure to apply plenty of high-factor sun cream. All exposed areas of skin should be covered before you step outside.
- Umbrella – Using an umbrella as a sun shield is very popular in Thailand and when you try it you will know exactly why! You will see many Thai people protecting themselves from the sun with an umbrella.
- Pack light Clothing – Cotton clothing is the best choice for summer in Thailand, preferably long pants and long sleeve shirts/blouses or even a locally made sarong!
- Stay in the shade at the hottest times of the day – If at all possible, stay in the shade between 11am and 4pm – the hottest part of the day.
- If you find yourself in Pattaya during the summer months, a great place to cool down is the Wave facility at Centre Point Prime Pattaya. With wave pool, splash slider, kids pool, and Wave Bar it's the only place to be in Pattaya this summer.
By following the above tips, you stand a great chance of staying cool and comfortable during the summer months in Thailand. If you don’t have any of the above items to bring with you, they’re all easy to find. All Centre Point hotels have shopping malls and local shops nearby, so you can simply check in and go and get the warm weather things you need, our staff will be able to give you directions to the nearest suitable retail outlet. #staycoolinthailand this summer at Centre Point. #alwaysagoodtime at any time of year!